INFINITE groups have access to state-of-art tools to develop their scientific methods.
The INFINITE activities rely on technological platforms (Bicel, cell sorting, animal models, etc) to be able to observe the inflammatory phenomena:
- Positron emission tomography (PET) imaging for small animals
- Fluorescence microscopy imaging
- Fluorescence imaging of small living animals
- Confocal microscopy
- Slide scanner
- Molecular modeling
- Innovative animal models ( C. elegans for aging, creation of transgenic murine lines)
- Flow cytometry
- BSL2 laboratories
- Real-time PCR and thermal cyclers
- Multiplex microfluidic assays (BioRad)
- Histological analyses
Epimad: world’s largest epidemiology registry for IBDs
In the area of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, INFINITE’s epidemiologic research is based on Epimad, the world’s largest population-based registry for IBDs, with approx. 30,000 reported cases of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, with over 30 years of data. This registry opens many opportunities to study the environmental causes of these diseases and their genetic origin.